Points of Light envisions a world in which more people use their time, talent and resources to change lives. We are pursuing eight strategies to deepen a culture of service and volunteering globally:
- Provide access to opportunities. We expand access to meaningful volunteer experiences through our network, online platforms and tools.
- Build nonprofit readiness for volunteers. We equip organizations to engage volunteers strategically to help meet their missions, train volunteer managers and offer an online database of volunteer-ready nongovernmental organizations.
- Expand corporate engagement. We support companies to develop and grow employee volunteer programs and deepen the impact of those volunteer efforts. We are building an active, global, corporate community that strengthens the communities in which they do business.
- Mobilize skills-based volunteers. We prepare nongovernmental organizations to better engage skills-based volunteers and encourage companies to invest their employees' skills and talents in nonprofits.
- Build civic leadership. We grow the number of volunteer leaders and expand volunteer leader training programs and capacity.
- Accelerate civic entrepreneurship. We support the launch of nonprofit and for-profit startups with social missions that scale civic engagement.
- Empower young changemakers. We encourage young people to volunteer and expand nonprofits' ability to attract young volunteers.
- Recognize extraordinary action. We identify and lift up stories of exceptional acts of everyday citizens.